Tuesday, February 19, 2002

4:45 AM Freezing outside, I'm laying flat, watching Eyes Wide Shut for the second time, viewing it from a completely different perspective (I've changed during the last 1 1/2 year). The recording comes to a break, I stop it and get up. I'm willing to walk around a little digesting... the light coming from my small porch over Almada calls for me, actually it was the noise from the wind, making a light pole move back and forward a little, still it doesn't matter, something attracted me outside for a perfect moment. The space filled with cold air moving softly, a little noisy, it all came in contact with me there in my little porch from where I see most of the city, river Tagus and it's South margin down to Arrábida. The smell was also very particular, a smell of the night, humid, making me remember nights I spent talking outside, shivering. I started shivering to, I don't know if from the sudden fear I got when I understood how much that space was pulling me outside, into the cold air. Everything came so close for a few seconds, all under my eyesight. No music could describe this moment, the clacking noise of the windy was just perfect. I stood there for a few minutes, thinking, talking out loud probably, I looked down again over the light pole that was mostly the cause of me being there to see it still again, the noise had stopped, and so as I was drawn outside, along with all my though, I was drawn back in, thoughts and all. These are the moments in life, I just wanted to share it with you and with myself for a future reading.

No comments: